Blaze the trail with stability, comfort, and style with the new and improved Women´s Saucony Stabil CS 3 athletic shoes.
Designed for female runners with moderate to severe pronation issues, this shoe is relatively lightweight at just 10 ounces, and provides the necessary motion control to keep you safe if you experience problems with your arch rolling over when you run. This is especially important if you suffer from pain in your ankles or knees during your workouts.
The Saucony Stabil CS 3 is the successor to the Saucony Progrid Stabil CS 2, and although the design is much the same and many of the features stuck, the technology has been improved and new features have been added to make this an even more superior trainer.
Scroll Over Thumbnails to See Larger Pics
Nearly all of the reviews that have already been provided in regards to the CS 3 have been positive, with many of them pointing to the stability and comfort that it provides as being its best features. All of the great features that make this an exceptional running shoe are highlighted below:
- Unique Sauc-Fit system that works to keep the heel secure and in place and locks the mid-foot over the midsole where it should be.
- Saucony´s patented PowerGrid midsole that runs the entire length of the shoe. This helps to distribute pressure and absorb shock in order to provide a more responsive and smoother ride. What woman can´t appreciate that benefit?
- Each pair contains a ComfortLite sock liner that will support your arch, while contouring the shape of the foot for a more natural feel during your workout.
- The outsole in the CS 3 is made from XT-900 carbon rubber. This special compound helps the shoe provide for excellent traction and longer lasting wear, so your shoes won´t break down as quickly.
- The outer material is also thirty-three percent lighter and provides more cushioning than typical rubber found in similar athletic shoes without added weight.
- HydraMax lining in the collar will help control the sweat and moisture control within the shoe´s cavity, as well as containing enhanced cushioning properties for some serious comfort.
- Secure heel lock with is built with a support frame that will keep your foot locked down during your workout. This is great for avoiding the irritating blisters that sometimes come about.
- The upper material is made from a super breathable mesh and durable synthetic overlays. Both of these materials help provide for customized support around your foot, as well as keeping your shoes smelling fresh (something we all want, right?).
- Lastly, the CS 3 contains excellent shock absorption, which will allow you to manage the bumps and pot holes of the road, with what Saucony refers to as their ´´SRC Impact Zone´´.
The Saucony Stabil CS 3 is a running shoe full of innovative technology, which hasn’t changed much since its predecessor, although the technology in the new version has been improved upon. This has made it an even more comfortable shoe than the first version and for that reason the response to the CS 3 has been even more positive.
There are a couple of important changes that were made since the first version that have made a significant difference. They include:
- Lighter weight and overall trimmed down design.
- Updated support and cushioning for added comfort and stability.
- Decrease in heel-to-toe differential, from 12mm to 8mm for better functionality.
The improvements made on the Stabil CS 3 make it even better than the Stabil CS 2, but the shoe is still ideal for those women athletes that tend to overpronate. For that reason they offer the most support for those individuals that need stability to keep their ankles from rolling over.
If you find that you are a neutral runner or are dealing more with underpronation, which places the impact of landing more on the outside of the foot, then there are a number of options from Saucony that may be better for you.
One of our top recommended trainers for this foot type is the Saucony Cohesion 7. This baby offers an impressive amount of cushioning, gets raving reviews, and comes at a great price point.
The enhanced cushioning in the Cohesion 7 athletic shoes will give you the comfort you need if you are not an overpronator. However if you tend to overpronate then the Stabil CS 3 is a better option. And with the blue and navy color combination, which I love, you can have all the comfort you need and be stylish too.