Experience running nirvana wherever you go with the Saucony Mirage 4 athletic shoe, built with the everyday female runner in mind. This impressive, lightweight shoe has a lot more to offer than you would expect, since it only weighs in at 7.9 ounces, making it one of the lightest supportive running shoes on the market.
It has much to offer in the way of style too, with three amazingly bold color combinations to choose from. My favorite combination is the red, blue, and yellow combination but the purple, coral, and citron and the black, pink, and green get great reviews as well and stay cleaner longer than a lighter color or white shoe.
What really matters about the Saucony Mirage 4, though, is not what it offers on the outside, well aside from what makes up the outsole, but what it offers on the inside.
Scroll Over Thumbnails to See Larger Pics
The Saucony Mirage 4 is designed for the neutral runner to the slight to moderate overpronator. That means it offers a light amount of stability and support with the cushioning that every woman needs in her athletic shoes, no matter the workout.
The Mirage 4 has much of the same technology as other Saucony running shoes but also has a few distinct features that make it special as well. The combined product is an impressive running shoe that can be worn by the woman who loves her gym dance class and the competitive runner alike.
There are plenty of reasons to make the Saucony Mirage 4 your next running shoe:
- Keep feet drier and more comfortable overall with HydraMax technology in the collar lining.
- Get more durable cushioning in your shoe with super light High Abrasion EVA foam rubber. This will definitely ensure that your trainers last for a long time
- Experience superb comfort for the underfoot area as a result of the molded foam insole.
- FlexFilm overlays and breathable mesh upper materials will help keep your foot secure and comfortable without feeling too constricted.
- Get enhanced stability when you run from the supportive TPU arc, to prevent any unnecessary ankle pain after your run.
- Keep your running shoes longer and get superior traction even on bad weather days from the XT-900 carbon rubber outsole.
- Be treated to unrivaled shock impact on the hardest surfaces and a smoother ride due to the PowerGrid midsole that centers the foot to the ideal position in the shoe.
- Experience step in comfort that is second to none with the original HRC+ Strobel Board technology that provides an extra 1.5mm of cushioning under the sock liner.
- Keep the top of the foot comfortable too with a soft, plush collar and tongue designed for overall comfort.
Although not many reviews of the Mirage 4 are available yet there are plenty regarding its predecessor. Those reviews most often mentioned the support for the entire foot that they offered and the cushioning as being the most outstanding features.
Since these benefits are a result of many of the same features that characterize the newest version of this shoe, you can expect the Mirage 4 to offer the same, just a little bit of support and stability and some extra cushioning.
If you like the style of the Saucony Mirage 4 but need a little bit more support then there are a few better options that consist of basically all of the same technology but with added support. They include:
- Saucony Stabil CS 3 offers the most in support and stability for women who overpronate
- Saucony Guide 7 is a crowd favorite that combines stability, with flexible performance
- Saucony Hurricane 16 is excellent for any workout, and comes in great color combinations
If you are a neutral to minimal overpronation runner this specific shoe is perfect for you. But if you have any issues with the pronation of your feet you want to be sure you have the right kind of support and enough of it.
It is important to determine if you underpronate or overpronate before deciding on your running shoes because without the right support you are risking injury every time you run.
If you don’t have any major issues then the Saucony Mirage 4 would be an excellent choice to add to your closet. But if you need support in a specific area, such as in your arch or along the outer edge of your foot, you will want to go with something designed for that type of foot specifically. There are many options within each category offered by Saucony, so grab whichever fits you best!