If you’re looking for an athletic shoe that’s different from all those others piling up in your closet, and you want to experience comfort in a lightweight, minimalist trainer, then you have found your perfect match in Women’s Saucony Kinvara 4.
This updated version of an already very popular trainer that has received a ton of positive feedback, is even better than the last version. The new edition offers more support, more cushioning, and the same great features that made up the Kinvara 3.
The women’s Kinvara 4 is designed for the neutral runner, so it would be lacking in proper cushioning and support for those women with pronation issues. It has a much lower profile outer sole as well as an upper that limits the materials, and ultimately the constriction you feel in the shoe.
Scroll Over Thumbnails to See Larger Pics
This is best designed for the female athlete who has been searching for a trainer that they can run in and still feel like they are connecting to the earth beneath them.
You will find much of the typical innovative technology that Saucony is known for in the Kinvara 4. You also have a number of great color combinations to choose from so you don’t have to worry about looking like every other runner out there. My personal favorite is Orange and Blue (because I’m an Syracuse basketball fan), but there is definitely a color combination for everyone.
Style aside, let’s get to the more important aspects of this superior minimalist athletic shoe…
- Run when the roads are wet or dry and still experience amazing traction due to the use of durable XT 900 carbon rubber in the outsole.
- Enjoy a nice snug fit and supreme comfort made possible by the memory foam pods in the heel.
- Experience flexibility on a whole new level with the Flex Film upper materials.
- Never have damp shoes again due to the moisture wicking HydraMAX technology that Saucony is so well known for.
- Feel the difference in shock absorption that the original PowerGrid technology heel insert offers.
- Wear your shoes for extended periods of time and still feel as comfortable as if you just put them on with the contoured sockliner unique to Saucony.
The Kinvara 4 doesn’t have all of the features you might find in many of the other Saucony running shoes, simply because the women who wear this shoe are looking for a minimalist feel. If those extra features and comfort are something you are looking for, then this may not be the ideal athletic shoe for your needs.
Many women love the benefits that come with feeling like you’re running on bare ground and this is what the Kinvara 4 specializes in, while still providing a significant amount of cushioning. Saucony was able to keep this shoe light and still offer the needed support for the neutral runner, but if you have pronation issues other shoes are more suitable.
If you still seek that minimalist design, the Saucony Fastwitch 6 is a great option that ideal for ladies who are mild overpronators. But if you are a more moderate overpronator, or simply do not like the minimalist feel, there are plenty of alternative options that are just as well made as the Kinvara 4. A couple of our top recommendations include the:
- Saucony Stabil CS 3 is built for larger women or for those ladies who are severe overpronators,
- Saucony Hurricane 16 a classic model that combines excellent cushioning with moderate midfoot stability.
A lot of women wish they could experience the natural feeling of a minimalist running shoe, but the fact is many of us need more cushioning and support. These trainers listed above will offer you that additional cushioning, but if you decide to go for it and try a minimalist running shoe, the Saucony Kinvara 4 is quite popular amongst female athletes for good reason.