How you ride the trail is what really matters and you will experience a great ride every time with the new Women´s Saucony Kinvara TR2 trail running shoes.
These are an updated version of the Saucony Kinvara TR, and although there have been few changes with the new edition, those changes make a significant difference for both the casual as well as the serious trail runner.
The Kinvara TR2 still boasts some of the best Saucony running technology and reviews from those women who have already had the opportunity to give them a try are just as positive as those for the first edition. This is the lightest of the trail shoes from Saucony, coming in a just 7 ounces!
Scroll Over Thumbnails to See Larger Pics
Off-road running takes a special certain kind of athletic shoe because of the different and ever changing terrain. And since a trail shoe is designed for different surfaces it only makes sense to develop a trail shoe that is good not only for the off-road paths, but good for the city streets too.
That is exactly what the Kinvara TR2 is capable of, allowing you to have one great pair of running shoes that you can wear anytime you run, regardless of where the path might take you. This is also ideal for those ladies who need a versatile shoe for the gym, but that can also be used for cross-training exercises.
Not only is the Saucony Kinvara TR2 ideal for running anywhere, but it’s stylish as far as running shoes go too, even though there are only a few color combinations to choose from. As far as current reviews for these trail shoes, the color choices are the biggest complaint, although I really like the red, gray, and white combination.
The other combinations seem to be a little too bright for many reviewers, but bright is good when it comes to running at night, so these would be great for women who jog in the dusk or after dark. Just be sure to take normal precautions.
Style aside, though, what really matters is what makes this a superior trail running shoe, which is highlighted below…
- Run as long as you want to without worrying about moisture in your running shoes with the Saucony HydraMAX in-shoe moisture absorbing technology.
- Get superior support and flexibility without all the extra material due to the thin Flex Film upper.
- Reduce the impact of shock when your foot hits the ground, minimize pressure due to a more even distribution, and experience an overall smoother ride due to a better centering of the foot provided by the PowerGrid heel technology.
- Run the trail without having to worry about stones and other small materials because you’re protected by the nylon mesh fiber rock plate.
- Stay safe with superior traction both on and off-road with lightweight high traction rubber.
- Enjoy better arch support and reduced pressure in the points in the forefoot with the molded ComfortLite Sockliner original to Saucony.
A woman’s trail running shoe requires different technology than a typical athletic shoe in order to be effective, and this trainer has exactly what you need for the trail.
The one thing that the Saucony Kinvara TR2 may not have is the right support if you experience any pronation issues when you run. In this case, even if you are running off-road you may want to try a more supportive running shoe that has more cushioning and offers more stability. One such option would be the Guide 7 by Saucony, a very popular trainer that is designed for road running, but offers much more medial support than typical trail running shoes.
There are a couple of trail runners offered by Saucony that do provide a little bit more cushioning though. They include:
- Saucony Peregrine 4, a classic and multifaceted trail running shoe, weighing 9 ounces,
- Saucony Xodus 4.0, more of a rugged trail shoe, packed with Vibram technology, that weighs in close to 10 ounces.
All of these running shoes are great options for the neutral runner but some still offer more cushioning and support than others. Oftentimes, the difference between the trail runner and the typical running shoe is in the outsole. While this is important it is even more important to have the right kind of support. The Saucony Kinvara TR 2 is a great shoe if it offers the right balance of versatility and style for your personal tastes.