Run with the wind at your back and the finish line ahead of you when you step into the Women’s Saucony Fastwitch 6 athletic shoes, designed for the competitive female athlete and with the minimalist in mind.
This superior fitness trainer is ideal for those female athletes that slightly overpronate when they run, but is suitable for the neutral runner as well. It is low profile, stylish, and superbly comfortable even though there isn’t as much material as in some running shoes. The low profile also makes this an extremely light shoe, which is ideal for competitions and marathon races.
Many of the other female reviews for this shoe and its predecessor, the Fastwitch 5, have pointed out how amazingly light it is yet still very supportive as well.
Scroll Over Thumbnails to See Larger Pics
And if the superior functionality and comfort aren’t enough reason to make this your next pair of trainers, add to that the fact that it will look great on your feet too. The lime and coral combination is my favorite but if that is a little too bold for you there are two other great color combinations that are a little more subtle, although the lime color is great for night running.
If you’re buying the Fastwitch 6, though, you are probably purchasing it to run competitively, and if this is the case then what is even more important is what lies within this speedy trainer.
Saucony is known for its great running shoe technologies, and the Fastwitch 6 has a lot of that wonderful features. Take a look at what this impressive running shoe can do for you:
- Experience amazing rebound and have your shoes last longer due to the use of the original Saucony Super Lite dual density EVA technology.
- Get the traction you need on the track and on the road with the XT 900 carbon rubber construction.
- Enjoy support while still getting the flexibility you need to be able to run fast and comfortably with the Flex Film supportive upper.
- Stay comfortable in your shoes with breathable fabric and a plush, comfortable tongue and collar.
- Get the best of both worlds by enjoying a lightweight shoe that isn’t lacking in medial support.
Although the Fastwitch 6 offers sufficient support and cushioning for the mild overpronator it is still based on a more minimalist design, which is why it is so light, weighing in at only 7 ounces.
A minimalist trainer is not for everyone though, as some women runners find it difficult to get used to the more natural, barefoot feel. Other runners, on the other hand, love the natural experience and if that is what you are looking for then you have found the right shoe.
Even though the Fastwitch 6 is designed for women who overpronate to a small degree, it won’t offer quite as much support as an athletic shoe designed for overpronators that isn’t based on a minimalist design.
Some overpronators will need more support than what this particular model offers, so if you are not training for a marathon there are others shoes that may be more suitable for your needs. Some of the other options include:
- Saucony Omni 12 is a great option for moderate overpronators, and offers excellent cushioning and medial foot control.
- Saucony Mirage 4 is very lightweight, and a great combination of an athletic shoe with support and performance.
- Saucony Stabil CS 3 is best for larger women who need extra motion control.
For those women who have a more neutral stride, and are craving a similar performance shoe, Saucony has designed the latest Kinvara 4 perfectly for your next race.
Not every woman needs a running shoe designed for competition and those who don’t have many options. The options for competitive runners are a little bit more limited, particularly those that are overpronators. If you fall into this category then the Saucony Fastwitch 6 is the perfect athletic shoe for your next workout.