Leave the road behind you and become one with the path ahead with the new Saucony Cohesion 7, the ultimate in women´s athletic shoe comfort for the neutral runner.
This inexpensive running shoe combines function and comfort to provide a great every day trainer that is also suitable for the more serious female runner. The Saucony Cohesion 7 is meant for the average athlete that does not experience any problems with feet rolling inward while running.
It provides great cushioning that works as a wonderful shock absorber upon making footfall during a run and has excellent flexibility. Women joggers of all levels welcome these features, which is why the Cohesion line has always received such positive feedback from testers.
Scroll Over Thumbnails to See Larger Pics
Although the Saucony Cohesion 7 does not feature the best of the best in Saucony running shoe technology, is does have a number of great features that make it a worthwhile contender. It provides all the right cushioning to make every run more enjoyable without leaving you stuck with a heavy shoe that makes it difficult to run.
For those women who need to watch what they´re spending (and don´t we all!), the Cohesion is much more inexpensive than many of the other running shoes developed by Saucony, as much as half price compared to some.
In addition to the price, the features that make this a great choice if you are a neutral runner are highlighted below:
- Smoother transition supported by the flexible forefoot and heel as a result of the decoupled design.
- Underfoot comfort that you will feel throughout the day, provided by a wonderfully designed molded insole.
- Lightweight upper that is made from synthetic materials and breathable mesh so you get all day comfort and minimal moisture.
- Superior heel cushioning provided by the Saucony original Heel Grid technology so you don’t feel the impact of hitting the ground as much.
- Traction you can count on even when the road ahead is a slippery one with the superior abrasion resistance of the XT 600 carbon rubber that Saucony uses in this shoe.
- Amazing shock absorption, superb durability, and cushioning that is more responsive due to the specially designed IMEVA midsole will keep you wanting to run longer.
- Increased traction and cushioning provided by the triangular lug design, keeping you safer and more comfortable wherever you run and for however long you will be running.
- Extra comfortable plush collar and tongue that will keep the top of your foot as comfortable as the rest.
Aside from the style being updated a little and different color combinations being offered the Saucony Cohesion 7 is hardly much different than the Saucony Cohesion 6. There are four color combinations to choose from, the gray and pink is the most traditional and my personal favorite, but there are a few brighter, bolder combinations as well.
The overall design of the shoe stayed the same and the same technology is used in the Cohesion 7 that was used in the Cohesion 6. This is just basically an updated version, so if you liked the last edition you will most likely appreciate the new Saucony Cohesion 7, too.
The Cohesion is not designed to give extra support to those women who need it. It is literally built for the average individual that has normal arches and no stride problems.
If you require more cushioning and/or more arch support the Cohesion 7 is not the best choice for you. There are a number of Saucony running shoes that will give you that support that come in styles similar to the Cohesion though. A few of those options include:
- Saucony Hurricane 16 weighs one ounce less, but may not offer the same amount of cushion.
- Saucony Mirage 4 is for mild overpronators, but still have a performance feel.
- Saucony Omni 12, similar in weight to the Cohesion, but with more medial support.
Having the right support from your shoes when you workout is the important factor in avoiding pain and injuries. The Saucony Cohesion 7 doesn’t offer extra support for those women that need it, but it is a great every day athletic shoe that can be worn in almost any environment.