Do you love to run trails but want a shoe that does not feel as though you are running with bricks on your feet? If so, then the Salomon XR Mission W is the shoe for you.
Salomon may be one of the lesser known brands, but the company values products that perform in the elements. This shoe is geared as a lightweight mountain trail shoe, that offers the durability you need and the comfort that you want while running trails.
Scroll Over Thumbnails to See Larger Pics
There are several specifications about the XR Mission W that makes these shoes something that women are looking for. These specifications include:
- Weighs in at 11 ounces, much lighter than other trail running shoes on the market geared for the same purposes.
- Quicklace system to avoid all those times of starting and stopping to readjust shoelaces.
- Has a shoe lace pocket to avoid stepping on these laces, a huge plus for those looking for safety.
- The mesh in this athletic trainer is very breathable, allowing for these shoes to be more comfortable in hot weather.
- These also have the gender specific fit technology, meaning that they are designed with women in mind, rather than just being a replica of a mens shoe but simply downsized. This provides for a much better fit for your tootsies.
- It has a stretchy band that is between the midsole and the sole of the shoe, within the shoe, that helps to ensure that your foot is taking the right form while running, a huge technological advantage over competitors.
- Rubber toe cap on the end for added protection against unwanted hazards on the trail.
- Has the Sensifit technology to allow the shoe to wrap your foot like a glove!
- The Sensiflex technology works with the Sensifit to ensure that you can still move your foot in whatever direction you need, to avoid the stiff fit of many other trail running shoes on the market.
- Removable foam insole that adds comfort, but can be removed if it is too much giving you more options.
- The sole of the shoe is made from rubber that is meant to shape to whatever terrain you are running, while also providing maximum traction for safety.
There are several color options with the XR Mission W, one of the many reasons female athletes love these trainers. These sweet color combinations include:
- Igloo Blue
- Celadon with Papaya
- Grey Denim
- Light Onix with black and anemone purple
- Papaya B
- Score blue with very purple
Reviews of these Saucony trail shoes point out that they are indeed comfortable right out of the box. However, many ladies complain that due to the mesh being so breathable, it does let in a lot of moisture when running in conditions that are not perfect.
For those women who are looking for shoes that are going to be on the same basic level as the XR Mission W, they are going to find that Salomon offers several options. Including the Speedcross 3, XA Pro 3D Ultra 2, and the XT Wings 3.
The main advantage of the Speedcross 3 is that this is going to be completely waterproof, something that may come in very handy while running outdoors, while weighing in at the same weight as the Mission.
The XA Pro 3D Ultra 2 is heavier at around 13 ounces, yet it offers supreme arch support for those overpronating athletes who need a shoe with medial stability.
The XT Wings 3 is the most comparable to the Mission, as there is only one ounce different between the weights, but overall offer many of the same benefits. The Wings shoe is available in several less color options, but packs many comparable technologies in the shoe.
So check out the variety of options offered by Salomon, and snag whichever model best fits your feet and specific workout needs. Happy trails!