While hiking through rugged off-road trails, do you find that you turn your ankle or suffer from lower back pain? Trail hiking or running is completely different from running on pavement, thus it requires a different kind of shoe.
For those ladies who are looking on the market for a shoe that is going to stand up against the elements, then the Women’s Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra 2 is going to be a shoe to consider. This is the updated version of the XA Pro 3D.
When going from the older version to the XA Pro 3D Ultra 2, you are going to find two main differences. One, the arch support in the newer version is improved. Secondly, there is more grip to the rubber of the shoe to make it more durable for any type of trail a women may encounter.
Scroll Over Thumbnails to See Larger Pics
Along with these latest updates by Salomon, there are several specifications about the XA Pro 3D Ultra 2 that is going to be appealing to those women who love to tackle the outdoors. These features include:
- Weighs in at 13 ounces, which is a nice weight for stability on trails.
- The mesh of the shoe allows for quick drying of the feet while running.
- The synthetic overlays in the athletic trainer is going to provide structural support, which helps to minimize those accidents caused by shoes that are not trail rated.
- Every pair contains Climashield technology that makes the shoe waterproof, a huge plus when running in the elements, as any runner will tell you.
- A snug fit is within this shoe thanks to the SENSIFIT technology used in it.
- There is a tongue cover on this shoe that helps to keep rocks and other debris from going into the shoe, that can cause discomfort during a run.
- QUICKLACE system which allows for shoes to be laced easily and with speed.
- There is a removable orthopedic insert that is meant to not only provide stability for a foot, but also helps to keep the bacteria count down within the shoe.
- The chassis development on this is the 3D Advanced version, which is meant to propel you forward even faster.
- Foam is in the shoe to help with the rebound while running, allowing for less stress on your ankles, knees and hips.
- There are thermoplastic inserts that help with an added arch support.
- The rubber on the sole helps to ensure that you have traction over just about any terrain that you come up against.
There are several options with the XA Pro 3D Ultra 2, which include a non-waterproof version and those that have more Gortex in them for superior strength. The color options available include a dark cloud with light onix and dark bay blue, as well as a stylish bordeaux and papaya combination.
Reviews are really quite positive for this trail running shoe. The only complaints seem to be about the stiffness of the shoe, specifically that it takes some time to wear in. Other women have reported that in high temperatures, their feet can sweat and this can become uncomfortable as they do not dry that fast.
For women who are looking for a lighter mountain trail Salomon shoe they will find that the Speedcross 3 could fit their needs. Other options include the XT Wings 3 and the XR Mission W.
The Speedcross 3 is waterproof, the main selling point of this shoe, yet it is also much lighter than the than the Pro 3D Ultra 2. The other options, while offering a lighter weight, also have several other features that make them worthy of consideration.
The Wings 3 version offers seamless construction for comfort, along with an impressive amount of technology to make the most out of your next workout.
The Mission W offers a super comfortable fit, and is packed with many of the same types of shoe technologies, but also offers durability on any terrain.
So if you’re in the mood to tackle the outdoors, grab whichever Salomon trail shoe best fits your needs, and you’ll truly be able to enjoy your next workout.