Looking for a shoe that offers the comfort you desire but still has the ability to hold up on even the roughest trails? Well then, I’m pleased to introduce the Salomon Speedcross 3, a mountain trail shoe that is meant to hold up against any type of trail that you put into its path. The Speedcross 3 is an updated version of the Speedcross 2.
Changes that women will see when compared to the Speedcross 2 and the newest model is that the Speedcross 3 has a roomier toe box, a new rugged pattern on the sole of the shoe to increase traction and reduce slipping, and there is a slightly lower drop in the heel.
Scroll Over Thumbnails to See Larger Pics
There are several specifications about the Speedcross 3 that make it a shoe that women are wanting to try on, including:
- A weight of 11 ounces, which is what most specialists recommend when going on hiking trails.
- The material used in the Speedcross 3 is water resistant, meaning your foot will always remain dry.
- The mesh upper is also anti-debris.
- The shoe utilizes Salomon’s Sensifit technology that basically cradles the foot in all the right places and ensuring the fit is snug and secure, for your safety and comfort.
- It utilizes a QuickLace system that allows the strings to stay laced and tucked to avoid tripping.
- The laces are also cortex laces, which mean they will last longer and provide a fit that is more snug.
- Rubber cap is on the front of the shoe to help protect the toes even more.
- Inside the shoe is a synthetic lining that helps to cushion the foot.
- EVA midsole that provides even more cushion.
- The rubber outsole is non-marking and is specifically designed to go in cold weather conditions, allowing for maximum grip.
There are quite a few super stylish color options with the Speedcross 3 that will allow you to choose the one that best fits your personality. These colors include:
- Mystic purple with black and yellow
- Firefly green with green bean and mystic purple
- Light onix with dark cloud and dark azure blue
- Orange feeling with papaya and white
- Softly blue with moorea blue and yellow
Women who have tested the Speedcross 3 often have nothing but good things to say about the shoe. However, there is only one complaint that a few women have.
When running in hot conditions, it can take a bit longer for the foot to air out, due to the mesh upper not being as thin to help prevent water getting into the shoe. This is definitely a trade off between a hiking shoe and a more traditional running trainer.
For women who are looking at the Salomon line and want other options of mountain trail shoes, there are several excellent options to choose from. A couple of our top recommended models are the XA Pro 3D Ultra 2, XT Wings 3, and the XR Mission W.
The XA Pro 3D Ultra 2 is designed as a heavier shoe at around 13 ounces, and is best known for its incredible amount of arch support.
The XT Wings 3 is also a bit heavier at 12 ounces and has the natural movement of the foot in mind when running with all the technology that is in play with this shoe.
The XR Mission W is very similar to the XT Wings 3 shoe, but offers a few more color options for runners to choose from.
No matter the model that fits your needs, you’ll know that with your Salomon’s strapped to your feet, you’ll be running in style, comfort, and the best in trail running technology. Just check out a couple of the overwhelmingly positive reviews from other women athletes to see why!
RunPals Rated: Salomon Speedcross 3
(5.0 out of 5)