Nothing should hold you back from accomplishing your ultimate fitness goals, especially not your athletic shoes, and with the Brooks PureGrit 2, that is the last thing you will have to worry about.
The PureGrit 2, part of the Brooks Pure Project Collection, is the model in the series designed to be used as a superior functioning trail running shoe with a barefoot feel. With its innovative features and technology, though, it really is a great all around athletic shoe.
Scroll Over Thumbnails to See Larger Pics
Hot off the heels of the original PureGrit that got such great feedback, the PureGrit 2 has a lot to live up to, and so far is holding its own just fine. Reviews for the new edition have so far been positive, pointing mostly to its superior heel support and the traction it offers in any weather as being its most distinguishing features.
There has also been much positive feedback regarding the cool color combinations too, something not easy to find in a trail running shoe. I like the blue and red style but the black and turquoise is very popular, too.
Regardless of how you feel about the two color combinations that this shoe comes in, though, it will be hard to pass up the PureGrit 2 when you see all of the great features of this shoe, including:
- Light cushioning underfoot provided by an insole made from molded foam.
- Pull loop at the heel to help with easier on and off.
- Lining made from soft material to provide in-shoe comfort.
- Collar and tongue made from plush materials that provide comfort for the top of the foot.
- Mesh upper made from breathable material that supports cool, dry feet.
- Overlays made from synthetic materials that provide lightweight structural support.
- Multi-directional lug pattern that supports reliable traction on any off-road terrain.
- A shoe that contours to the shape of your foot to provide better support and superior fit thanks to the anatomical last technology.
- Long lasting, environmentally friendly cushioned BioMoGo midsole.
- A heel that is based on a slimmed down, rounded design in order to allow for superior energy return and joint alignment.
- Split toe design that promotes flexibility in the forefoot and encourages natural power and stability.
- A secure glove-like fit provided by an instep area Wide Elastic Nav Band.
The last five features of the Brooks PureGrit 2 listed make up what the company refers to as their “Ideal Technologies.” Brooks running shoes that feature these five technologies offer fit and function superior to many other options out there. For that reason alone the PureGrit 2 should be on your short list of possibilities.
The Brooks PureGrit 2 is one of the few trail runners designed with the minimalist runner in mind. It is much lower profile than say the popular Cascadia 9, but it is still a trail runner so it isn’t as low profile as some of the minimalist performance running shoes offered by Brooks. With trail running it is necessary to have a bit of a thicker sole to protect against rocks and debris, which adds to the bulk of the shoe.
For the ultimate minimalist experience there are a couple of great options that are also part of the Pure Project Collection, along with the PureGrit 2. Those options include:
- Brooks PureConnect 3 – Minimalist trainer designed with a one inch heel height and extremely lightweight.
- Brooks PureCadence 3 – Combined barefoot technology with the midfoot support for the woman who is a mild to moderate overpronator.
Both of these options also feature the Brooks Ideal Technologies and both offer a very minimalist feel and should be worn to run on harder surfaces rather than trail terrain. It really depends on where your workouts will take you. However, if you’re a female athlete searching for the rare combination of a minimalist and trail running experience, then the PureGrit 2 is the way to go.