Whatever type of workout gets your adrenaline pumping, the trainer to wear when you’re doing it is the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 14.
This lightweight athletic shoe is ideal for running, walking, and intense workouts at the gym. It offers just the right amount of support and stability you need if you slightly overpronate, thanks to some very innovative technology thought up by the people at Brooks.
There have been minimal changes in this super popular Brooks model since the Adrenaline GTS 13, aside from some minor style changes and some small upgrades. The new version comes in four contemporary color combinations, the all black and the purple and black being the most popular and my personal favorites because they won’t get dirty as fast.
Scroll Over Thumbnails to See Larger Pics
But more than the cool colors that this shoe is available in, what makes it so popular is the superior construction, which is responsible for providing a number of benefits to the thousands of female runners and gym aficionados. They include:
- Varying degrees of stiffness that provide proper amounts of medial and lateral support that results in a smoother ride, provided by the DRB ACCEL midfoot shank technology.
- Light, progressive pronation control enhanced by the PDRB, or Progressive Diagonal Rollbar, tri-density midsole technology.
- Moisture control to keep your feet dry even when you run on and on with the light microfiber Element upper.
- Supreme comfort provided by both a molded and a BioMoGo insole, which is environmentally friendly too.
- Individualized shock absorption with the DNA shock absorbing cushioning technology.
- Unparalleled fit supported by the adjustable saddle construction and Universal Sprung Platform.
- The traction you need to keep you going in any weather and the flexibility you want so you can run more effectively with the innovative Omega Flex Grooves.
- Extra support based on your individual needs provided by the original Flextra outsole piece.
- Amazing durability due to the HPR Plus outsole material.
- Balanced heel to toe take-off resulting from a Forefoot Stable Pod Construction that supports the outsole and midsole working together.
- Ultimate transitioning provided by crash pads in both the midfoot and heel.
The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 14 is a great running shoe for mild overpronators. It’s stylish yet still offers the stability necessary to run safely every time. Please note that this trainer only provides a moderate amount of stability, and that isn’t ideal for severe overpronators.
If you fall into this category you may want to look into something that offers more stability, as a shoe with more support will keep the foot from rolling inward and putting you at risk of injury.
Shoes that offer more stability tend to not be as low profile as those for more neutral runners but Brooks offers a couple of models for the severe overpronators that offer style and stability. Our favorite is the Brooks Ariel, which comes in two great color combinations and with HPR Green technology that offers superior traction.
It should also be noted that the GTS 14 is best if your workouts are geared towards the pavement and city sidewalks. If you happen to prefer more rugged terrain, you’ll want to check out our review of the Adrenaline ASR 10. This athletic trainer is also built for mild overpronators, and is ideal for tackling the great outdoors.
If you are not a severe overpronator then you can find many options that are lower profile and even more stylish. The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 14 falls into this category and is a great athletic shoe.