When you’re on the trail with the wind at your back and the uncertain terrain ahead of you, the Brooks Adrenaline ASR 10 is the trail runner you want to be wearing.
This stylish update to the Adrenaline ASR 9 comes in a cool citron and anthracite color combination that I find to be the perfect combination of sophisticated and modern. It is also great for night running as it offers a significant amount of reflection.
There have been few changes since the last version, which has left many female reviewers pleased, and is why so many stand by the Brooks Adrenaline ASR series as being the ultimate trail running shoe.
Scroll Over Thumbnails to See Larger Pics
Most positive reviews of the new version that I have seen so far point to the excellent support, glove-like fit, and great stability as being the best features of the ASR 10. Those features are made possible because Brooks has developed some pretty amazing running shoe technology that can be found in this shoe.
That technology, and the features that is supports, work together to produce a trail runner that provides many benefits for the women who wear it. Some of the benefits that you’ll notice include:
- More comfortable feel with underfoot cushioning provided by a light molded foam insole.
- In-shoe comfort provided by an Element lining made from a light, soft microfiber material.
- Comfort for the top of the foot too due to the collar and tongue being made from soft, plush materials.
- Targeted support and better durability provided by overlays made from light synthetic material.
- Dry feet in any weather thanks to an upper made from water resistant mesh material.
- Natural movement of your foot supported by the innovative Omega Flex Grooves.
- Enhanced flexibility and support based on weight provided by Flextra outsole piece.
- Medial and lateral stiffness that encourages a smoother ride provided by the DRB ACCEL midfoot shank.
- Smoother transitions than you ever thought possible thanks to the innovative heel crash pad.
- A centered foot supported by an outsole and midsole that work together due to the Forefoot Stable Pod Construction.
- Cushioning that will last run after run and still break down in a landfill with a full length midsole made with BioMoGo technology.
- Control for mild to moderate overpronation provided by a Progressive Diagonal Rollbar (PDRB).
- Improved function and enhanced fit supported by the Universal Sprung Platform.
- Durability in the outsole where you need it most thanks to HPR Plus material.
- Shock absorption personalized to your needs resulting from the use of the innovative DNA technology.
As you can see, the Adrenaline ASR 10 has everything a great athletic shoe should have, along with a number of things that make it a great trail running shoe specifically. If you’re looking for something lightweight and supportive then you can definitely add it to your short list.
If you’re looking for a more minimalist trail runner, on the other hand, then you might want to look at the Brooks PureGrit 2, as the ASR 10 is designed with the overpronator in mind. This means there is added midfoot stability that isn’t typically found in minimalist running shoes.
Not only do you choose your running shoes based on how they look and feel, but also on the type of surface or terrain you will be wearing them on. The Adrenaline ASR 10 is designed for the trail and has many features that support a safe, comfortable workout on any kind of outdoor terrain.
Typically this type of shoe is not ideal for road running, as it has a different kind of outsole designed for traction on a different kind of surface. If you’re looking for a road running shoe that is also built for women with overpronating strides, Brooks has many to choose from. A couple of our favorites include:
- Brooks Adrenaline GTS 14 – Highly acclaimed road version from the Adrenaline line offers excellent cushioning with the midfoot stability.
- Brooks PureCadence 3 – Minimalist design, that combines midfoot support with a barefoot running experience.
Both of these running shoes are designed for the women who needs a stability shoe, but offer two completely different options based on your specific workout needs. However, if you really want a shoe great for tackling the trails of the great outdoors, women around the world agree that the Brooks Adrenaline ASR 10 is a great choice.