If you live for action, whether it’s on the road or in the gym, then you’re going to look forward to it even more when you slip your feet into the new runner from Brooks, the Addiction 11.
This superior stability offering shoe is designed for female athletes who are more severe overpronators, and who tend to have flatter arches. Women who experience these issues love this shoe for that reason, but many reviews for the trainer point to the lack of different color combinations, which is something a lot women look for in athletic shoes.
Scroll Over Thumbnails to See Larger Pics
I personally like the silver and blue color combination that this running shoe comes in, so I don’t have any complaints, but I can see why a lack of options would take away points. What this shoe does have, though, is amazing support where you need it if you are an overpronator.
Overpronators experience problems stabilizing their bodies because the foot rolls inward more than it should when the foot hits the ground. As a result, there is not sufficient shock absorption and this can cause all sorts of pain, as well as ongoing problems and permanent damage.
The Brooks Addiction 11 addresses both of these problems and offers exceptional comfort due to its amazing cushioning technology. What you get when you choose the Brooks Addiction 11 is:
- A lightweight, moisture absorbing Element micro fiber material upper that supports foot dryness and ultimate comfort for longer.
- Superior support where you need it to keep you going for longer with the innovative internal support saddle.
- The feeling that you’re walking (or running for that matter) on clouds due to the ultimate comfort you feel under the foot, provided by the cushioned foam insole.
- DNA technology that provides you with a shock absorbing system that adjusts to you individually.
- The opportunity to do your part for the environment with a shoe that is highly biodegradable but still provides long lasting superior cushioning with its full length BioMoGo midsole.
- Pronation control that results in smoother transitions provided by a one of a kind tri-density PDRB (Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar).
- Heel crash pad that further enhances the opportunity for smooth transitioning.
- An outsole that is durable and long lasting because it’s made with HPR+ technology.
- More responsiveness and stability that results from the foot being in a more ideal position in the shoe due to its MC Pod design and the Wide Linear Platform.
Not every woman needs the stability that the Brooks Addiction 11 offers and many who don’t would probably be more comfortable in a different athletic shoe.
For something similar to the addition the Brooks Ariel is a great alternative, which still offers extra stability but is a little more stylish and comes in two color combinations. Both models get very positive reviews, it’s just a matter of preference when it comes to which one you choose.
If you feel as though you have weak arches and you lack stability because of that then the Brooks Addiction 11 is the ideal athletic trainer for you, and will give you exactly what you need. If you have high arches on the other hand there are much better options that offer more arch support as opposed to focusing on stability. A couple of our favorite options include:
- Brooks Ghost 6 – Provides enhanced cushioning and a great fit. A GTX model with Gortex is offered that is great when exercising in wet weather environments.
- Brooks Glycerin 11 – Innovative structural design offers superior comfort. A very popular choice amongst female athletes.
Both of these Brooks models come in a number of different color combinations and feature some of the best Brooks technology. Depending on the type of support you need and where you need it any of these would satisfy your need and desire for a great running shoe, including the Brooks Addiction 11.