Salomon was first created in 1947 in the French Alps as a shoe that is meant for the lover of outdoor sports, especially those who love exploring the mountain terrain.
Well respected for producing some of the best skiing and snowboard equipment on the market, Salomon has been the producer of an impressive line of trail running shoes, for those women who love to tackle the outdoor paths.
Salomon’s trail running shoes continuously receive rave reviews from workout enthusiasts for the sleek style, unique design, and impressive technologies packed into every pair. Now they are applying their success into a new series of road shoes, for joggers and distance runners alike, that offer a versatility that definitely deserves a second look!
Scroll Over Thumbnails to See Larger Pics
The women’s athletic shoes produced by Salomon fall into two categories:
- Mountain Trails: Specifically for rougher terrain, these trail shoes are designed to take on any terrain with rough rubber soles to produce the maximum amount of traction.
- City: Targeting those who may run in urban areas, these shoes are meant to go from a flat terrain to downhill slopes, steps or anything that an urban runner may come across.
Most every model of shoe that Salomon produces has certain technologies that make it innovative to the market. And make Salomon unique to the shoe world in what they are offering. For example:
- OS Tendon technology, that can be seen in the X Tour, ensures that every time your foot lands onto the terrain, you have a stable balance within the shoe, and that you are minimizing the chance of curling an ankle, or causing other injury.
- SensiFit technology helps to make the shoe fit your foot, in every movement you take, evident in all of their models including the Sense Mantra 2.
- Asymmetric SensiFlex allows your foot to fall naturally to the ground, ensuring no ankle turnovers, as in the X Scream.
There are also other specifications about each shoe that aids a runner in certain conditions, for example:
- The Speedcross 3 is waterproof
- The Techamphibian 3 has water drain holes, making these perfect for running through rivers and streams
- A better chassis development such as what is found in the XA Pro 3D Ultra 2 which is meant to help a runner to go faster than they have ever gone, improving performance, while ensuring the safety of the foot
- Breathable mesh helps the shoes to breathe better, which is going to add to the comfort level of the runner
- Insoles, synthetic overlays, linings in the shoes and the like are all developed with comfort and ease of use in mind.
Every shoe that Salomon produces has safety in mind. The rubber around the toe box, seen in the XT Wings 3, as well as other shoe models, is there as a precaution to keep the feet safe while running.
A lace shoe pocket seen in the XR Mission W is just another safety precaution to avoid stepping on shoe strings while running. While QuickLace systems seen in models like the X-Wind Pro help to get you on your way and running in no time.
Salomon designs their shoes with runners in mind to ensure that each athlete gets the most out of their workout, spends less time on preparing, and has the comfort and safety needed in every run. Salomon means enjoying nature as it was intended, in shoes that are going to fit your foot like a second skin.
So with these puppies strapped to your feet, you can head out for your next workout with the confidence that your trainers are built to last with the style that will impress!
Reviews of the Best Salomon Running Shoes
Not sure what type of running shoe is best for your foot?
Visit our helpful guide on how to Buy Running Shoes for a refresher!
|Salomon Shoes for Trail Runners|
|Salomon Shoes for City Runners|