Running is a relaxing experience for many, but if you find that the miles seem to be wearing on you and the experience is steadily becoming painful or boring, your shoes could be to blame for this problem.
Enter the Asics GT 2000 2, the second generation of the popular 2000 line. The new 2000 2 offers a lighter shoe that is meant to go the distance, no matter how much you run. The 2000 2 is also replacing the GT-2170.
Scroll Over Thumbnails to See Larger Pics
This shoe is catered to those female athletes who have a slight to moderate over pronated foot, and also to those ladies who put a few miles on their running shoes during the year.
The main differences that people will see with the 2000 2 version of the 2000 series is:
- A lighter shoe that weighs in at 8.8 ounces
- A more stable run with the new technologies that are introduced into this shoe, namely the FluidRide and SpEVA 55.
With this being said, there are several features that would make just about any woman consider the Asics 2000 2 shoe as their premier running trainer. These features include:
- FluidRide technology that cradles your foot as you run, reducing the chances of slipping and having pain after your run.
- SpEVA 55 is a much lighter material that is going to cushion your foot like no other shoe can.
- High abrasion rubber is used on the sole of the trainer allowing for better grip, but for also more wear and tear to take place.
- Memory foam is in the heel of the shoe which allows for your foot to have personalized cushion where you need it.
- GEL is placed in both the front and back, for added comfort to your foot.
- Guidance technology is in place to help the shoe to go with the natural gait of your gait, while also helping to cradle the foot and over more protection while running and comfort.
With the GT 2000 2, women are going to have a slue of options to choose from. For one, there are two available widths: wide and medium. There are also three stylish color options that could be the perfect match for your favorite workout attire. These options are:
- Black with orchid and flash yellow
- Black with lighting and raspberry
- Bluefish with white and electric melon
One of the main concerns that female athletes who use the latest edition are reporting is the small width of the toe area. Even women who order a wide width are complaining that the two area seems to be too tight, which can lead to blisters while running and even more pain.
If you have a slight to moderate over pronated foot and are looking for a running option besides the Asics GT 2000 2, you will find that there are several Asics shoes that cater to this type of foot. Our personal recommendations would be to check out both the always popular Kayano 20, the colorful Noosa Tri 9, which is great for women looking for a versatile trainer.