Are you an active runner or walker? Do you find that your shoes tend to quit before you finish your workout? This is a common problem among runners, and one in which can easily be fixed by strapping on a new pair of Asics Nimbus 15’s.
The Nimbus 15 is the successor to the Nimbus 14, offering cushion and comfort for the longest runs that a woman may make. This shoe is designed for those with a neutral to under pronated foot, and is a very popular choice amongst female athletes.
Scroll Over Thumbnails to See Larger Pics
The newest model has a few improvements over the previous Nimbus 14 line. For one, the design of the shoe in the toe box has been enlarged, meaning that there is a bit more comfort for those who previously had problems with the small width of the toe box. In addition, there are new technologies used in the shoe that are going to make it a much better fit your next workout.
The components that make up the Nimbus 15 are impressive, and is one of the reasons that many women are trying these shoes out. These technologies include:
- A weight of 9.4 ounces, making it not too light but not too heavy
- Mesh upper on the shoe, which is a more breathable material that what many people are used to. This is a great comfort to those ladies who run several miles daily as this will alleviate a lot of discomfort while running.
- Contains FluidFit technology that allows the mesh and the shoe to basically conform to your foot much better, making your shoe feel as though it is a simple extension of your natural body
- The lace tension on the shoe is better distributed that is going to help with an even and comfortable fit
- The liner in the shoe utilizes the ComfortDri technology that not only is more breathable but also kills bacteria
- Asics’ patented GEL technology is found in both the front and back of the shoe which adds to the comfort while running in this shoe
- The high wear areas of the shoe have AHAR rubber which makes the rubber more durable
- Plus 3 technology is associated with the gender differences in males and females. With this in place, the height of the shoe is going to be increased in order to help relieve the pain that is often felt in the foot and ankle tendons.
There are several sizing options available with the Nimbus 15. There are three widths to choose from which are narrow, medium and wide widths, which allow you to get the best fit possible for your specific foot. There are also several color options including:
- Green with pearl, white and yellow
- Lightning with hot punch and marigold
- Titanium with hot pink and mint
- Wine with white and flash yellow
Those women who have tried the newest model in the Nimbus line often have nothing but good things to say about them. However, one of the most common complaints is that the shoes are inconsistent in sizing when compared to other Asics shoe models on the market.
If you are looking for something a little different in your next pair of athletic shoes, Asics has a could other models that could be a better fit. While the Nimbus is one of our favorites, you may also want to take a peak at our review of the newest Asics GEL Flux, which will have a little more support, and has some serious style.
If you have the extra cash, and want to invest in a pair of premium athletic shoes with all the top-of-the-line technology, then our review of the women’s Kinsei 5 is definitely one worth checking out!