Tired of aching feet, sore ankles and hurting backs? Let me introduce with latest in premium technology from Asics, the Kinsei 5. With the proper pair of running shoes though, the pain will disappear and you can enjoy your workout just as you have always wanted.
The Asics Kinsei 5 is the latest model in this line, succeeding the Kinsei 4. This trainer is designed for those women with a neutral or underpronating stride, providing cushioning that is going to comfort all those pressure points on your feet.
Scroll Over Thumbnails to See Larger Pics
With the latest model of the GEL Kinsei, there were several upgrades when compared to the Kinsei 4 that is making this premium athletic shoe more supportive and comfortable.
The main upgrade is the FluidRide technology that has been put into these shoes. This new technology allows for the shoe to go with your foot, rather than working against it. In addition, this reduces the weight of the shoe and also adds to the durability of the shoe.
Those workout warriors who are fans of the Kinsei 4 will also notice that the Kinsei 5 has a design that eliminates seam lines, for a more fluid and graceful look. This also proves to make the shoe more comfortable, as a person no longer has to worry about seams rubbing blisters onto certain parts of their feet.
With the changes for the Kinsei 5, there are several key characteristics that make this shoe what it is. Check them out:
- The upper part of the trainer is made of mesh, which makes this more breathable, something that all runners want to find in a running shoe that they spend hours in.
- The design of the shoe includes reflective areas on the shoe, making it more safe for running at night or when the lights are low.
- Contains a heel clutching system that is meant to support your heel better, while also allowing the shoe to move better with you.
- Memory foam is contained within the heels of the sneakers that is going to allow for the shoe to be more personally fit towards you, a huge plus for the comfort level of this shoe.
- A high abrasion rubber is used on the bottom of the shoe which allows for greater shock support and also helps to ensure that these shoes are more durable.
- Has a total weight of 9.4 ounces.
- GEL is in the front and rear of the shoe to allow your foot to be surrounded by gel as you run, adding to the comfort level.
There are several color options available with the Kinsei 5, allowing any woman to show her personality through her running shoes. The color options include:
- Hot punch with white and royal
- Ultra marine with white and purple
- White with gold and silver
- White with tea berry and yellow
- Yellow with white and turquoise
When it comes to the reviews that female testers share about these shoes, the majority of women often comment on how superior the comfort level is in these athletic shoes.
However, the one flaw that many consumers are reporting is that the trainer is not as durable as they would expect it to be. A couple women report having the mesh upper of the shoe start to rip within a few months of wearing these, whereas others have no problems whatsoever.
If you are on the market for a neutral running shoe that’s a bit more wallet friendly, you’re in luck, because Asics has some great options. One of our favorites is the always-popular Asics GEL Nimbus 15, which consistency receives rave reviews from critics.
If you’re searching for an athletic shoe that is lighter, and will be great for speed and sprint workouts, check out our review of the Hyper Speed 6 for a more barefoot like running experience.