Are you searching for a minimalist athletic shoe that promises to shave seconds of your PR? With the Asics Hyper Speed 6 you can rest assure that you can run as fast as your feet can carry you, while still supporting your feet in the areas that need support.
In any training regimen, it’s important that you have a shoe that can handle all you require. Fortunately, Asics has an excellent track record of delivering amazing trainers for every need, all but ensuring that your everyday run is as enjoyable as possible.
Scroll Over Thumbnails to See Larger Pics
There are several characteristics packed into the sixth edition of the Speed 6’s that make them the winner for many women runners:
- Extremely lightweight as the shoes only weigh 5 ounces.
- The shoe is made of mesh that is going to allow your foot to breathe in any type of weather, making your run more comfortable.
- The entire shoe is made with a seamless design, this is going to ensure that there is no irritation from seams, since they are not there.
- The fabric on the inside of the shoe is breathable, meaning that your feet will stay cool while running.
- There is a foam insert inside that is perforated which is more breathable, while also adding comfort for your foot.
- In the rear of the shoe is also GELl that is going to add to the comfort for your heel while running.
- This shoes also has what is termed a F.A.S.T. drop that basically helps you to strike on the surface on the mid or front of your foot, allowing for more speed.
- The outsole is comprised of material that is meant to help prolong the life of the shoe, without adding more weight to the shoe.
There is only one color option with this shoe which is the turquoise with lightning and purple.
Female athletes who have tested this athletic shoe say that it does a great job of comfort, without being too bulky while wearing these when running. Many rave about the barefoot running experience that it provides.
However, the one downfall of the shoe is that the mesh of the shoe also lets in water, thus these shoes are not recommended for running through puddles or while it is raining. Depending on your needs, you may want to invest in a different pair of shoes to use in your daily training, saving the Speed 6’s for intense speed workouts and races.
For those who are looking for other minimalist performance shoes may want to compare the Speed 6 with those features offered in our review of the Asics offers the Blur33 2.0.
If you need a bit more cushioning and comfort in your running shoe, you may want to consider one of the shoes for neutral strides offered by Asics. One of our favorites is the One of our favorites is the Nimbus 15 stylish GEL Nimbus 15, which continues to receive excellent reviews from fellow female athletes.